We Are Human is a three-month campaign driven by WeHero to raise awareness and education around the issues of homelessness and provide companies and individuals with opportunities to make a tangible impact. In three months, WeHero aims to impact the lives of over 7,500 homeless in San Francisco and beyond by facilitating volunteer and giving opportunities in cities across the United States. How will you and your company get involved?
What is We Are Human?
WeHero helps companies accomplish their social missions through impactful corporate giving and volunteer programs. As we expand our offerings, we’re excited to announce our first-ever Quarterly Campaign, focused on a single cause for greatest impact: We Are Human.
We Are Human aims to humanize 7,500 San Francisco homeless by raising awareness through storytelling and providing much-needed services. To fulfill our mission we’ll be partnering with Glide, a regional non-profit dedicated to social justice and service for society’s most vulnerable populations.
“We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty.”
Homelessness is a situation. Not a person. We Are Human aims to share the stories and transformations of what makes homeless individuals human. We seek to provide them with necessary support, one individual and one family at a time. Our mission is to change the perception of this often-forgotten group through events that support those in need.
- 7,499 homeless living in San Francisco
- 1,363 unaccompnied youth homeless in San Francisco
- 37% of SF’s homeless who say they have issues with drug or alcohol abuse
- 35% of SF’s homeless who say they have emotional or psychiatric disorders
The quarter will include:
- An immersive launch dinner focused on education, networking, and great food – 100% of the proceeds from this dinner will be donated to Glide, our local non-profit partner.
- In-person volunteer and networking events in San Francisco and across the country to generate impact.
- DIY volunteer events and kits built and ready to ship to support the cause.
- Media partners dedicated to raising awareness and education.
- Increased support in the form of food, shelter, hygiene, and health for the homeless. We will help feed thousands of San Francisco residents in need.
- Professional training and job opportunities.
- Education on how potential volunteers can get involved and work to efficiently solve social problems. We will promote the mission of combatting homelessness through major media outlets across the Bay Area.
Sponsor the campaign
When companies sponsor a WeHero Quarterly Campaign focused on a dedicated cause — not only do our partners gain easy solutions to accomplish their social mission but it also helps raise the sponsoring brand’s awareness among the community, the media, and its employees. Get in touch with us to see the perks and benefits!
We're just getting started...
This is the first of many quarterly campaigns. Stay in touch with us to learn more about our upcoming campaigns focused on education, water, animals, veterans, and more!
What is WeHero?
WeHero gives companies the solutions to accomplish their social mission through powerful giving and volunteer programs to create a better culture, a better brand, and a greater social impact. Our team works day in and day out to develop new programs and technologies that make giving and volunteering powerful and effortless for companies. Our mission: To empower 10 million people with the tools to give easily and impactfully. #wehero